Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tutorial - Crochet Face Scrubbies


I love these super simple crochet face scrubbies. They are perfect for washing your face in the morning and removing makeup at night. You can make a few to keep for yourself and they also make great gifts.

What you will need:

100% cotton yarn (I'm using Lily Sugar n' Cream)
Size H crochet hook
Yarn needle

Directions:

1. Chain 4.
2. Insert your hook into first chain stitch forming a ring.
3. Yarn over hook and draw through stitch and loop.



4. Chain 3, 12 double crochet into center of the ring.
5. Complete the circle by putting your hook through the first double crochet.
6. Yarn over hook and draw through stitch and loop.
7. Chain 3, 2 double crochet in each stitch of the first round.
8. Close circle as before and use your yarn needle to weave in ends.



I made a few face scrubbies and some washcloths and added them to a basket with homemade soap I got from Etsy. I think this will make a great Mother's Day gift.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I've never tried my hand at this so...maybe I'll stick to buying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have them in the basket, would make such a unique gift!

    ReplyDelete